Monday, May 9, 2011

Overheard From the Trailer

I couldn't tweet from the road. Instead, I bombarded my mother and a few choice friends with some random texts. So instead of Texts from Last Night, I bring you: Texts Overheard From the Trailer. It was a fun way to keep folks informed of our progress on the road and to keep me occupied.

Friday, May 6

12:16 p.m. Edward, Collins, Knightly, Churchill and Weston say Haay from West Virginia.

12:32 p.m. The sheep ride more quietly than the kids.Just outside Charleston W.VA. with just a hint of rain.

2:20 p.m. One friend offers to be Churchill's godmother, but then questions if she has to be Catholic. I tell her they've waived that requirement since he's a sheep.

4:08 p.m. "Hold onto your woollies! We're in Kentucky! Weston thinks we can find some good varieties of hay here -- you know horses can be kind of uppity about their hay." -- Weston

7:27 p.m.  In a sing-songy voice "Sweet home Indiana .... What? We're going to Iowa?! Oh." -- Collins

Saturday, May 6

6:21 a.m. "Ewww Knightly you are so gross. you POOPED in the water bucket. It's good Shepherd Mariah loves us. She fixed it." -- Weston.

6:32 a.m. "Illinois? All I know is that I'm Illanoid with you guys hovering over me. Give me a fleece." -- Churchill. Churchill was the lone sheep facing the door of the trailer, the rest of them were packing him in the corner.

9:42 a.m. (and just inside the Iowa border) "We are where? Ioway?!? Is that on the way to the Maryland Sheep and Wool?" -- Edward.

10:23 a.m. "Dudes, I figured out where Iowa is. It's north of the Mason-Dixon Line. We're northern sheep, like almost to Minnesota, north" -- Churchill
"Good thing I brought my wool coat." -- Knightly

11:19 a.m. "We were just passed by the Dudes from American Pickers. We tried to Kinnear them, but we don't have opposable thumbs to take a picture." -- The sheep on I-380 near Iowa City.

1:54 p.m. "What do you see Edward?" -- Collins
"Nothing Collins. I see nothing. Shepherd Mariah wasn't lying when she said it's flat." -- Edward

4:20 p.m. "Really, I expected more knitters at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. They've got great grass though." -- Knightly

No comments: