Friday, November 21, 2008

Outlandish goodies

Over at Ravelry I'm part of the Outlander swap, which is a group for the fans of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander book series. In the series a post World War II nurse steps through standing stones in Scotland and is transported to the 18th Century where she ends up marrying a man against her will. He becomes her true soul mate. The book is about their trials and tribulations. Cheesy description, but there's a heck of a lot more in the 800 pages than just that (that's the first book my friends, but it's worth it.)

This fall the group sponsored a swap. I was the Mackenzie Clan leader and received all sorts of goodies from sassenach of Clan Fraser. Take a peek at the goodies sassenach sent. Granted I got this in late October, but my computer and camera haven't really been on speaking terms, so that's why you get this now.


Outlandish Swap Package.


The details:
  • Mackenzie tartan draw-string sporran with Jacobite thistle emblem Iminion promptly stowed several small tractors inside. I've rescued it and it now stores my stash of sock yarn I'm using to make mini mittens for the holidays.
  • Four beautiful Celtic knot stitch markers
  • An amazing skein of superwash merino sock yarn from an indie dyer on Etsy. This in a perfect colors for Clan Mackenzie tartan. I can't wait to find the perfect sock pattern to make socks.
  • A coffee mug that happens to match my dishes (how’d you know that sassenach?) with a Celtic knot cozy (with pattern) and
  • several bags of vanilla hazelnut tea.

I should be posting a few finished objects of the knitting variety here in the next few days. I vow that I will succeed in brokering a deal with the technology cartels running through central O'Brien County. I just hope the peace accord that I'm working on will stick.

No comments: