Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The floor baby isn't a floor baby anymore

When the baby was about seven months old, I took him to North Country Fiber Fair in Watertown, SD. He hung out while his mama took a class and even modeled the product for Kathleen Taylor's Blog, Dakota Dreams.. I spent the weekend among fiber people. Baby O spent the time watching the spinning wheels go, crawling off his patchwork quilt and chasing a tennis ball. Everyone knew who the floor baby was and if he got too far from my spinning wheel, they'd bring him back. He's much to busy to go to the fiber retreat with me. However, his interest in spinning has not dwindled.

IMG_5596

Baby O, can hardly be called that anymore. In fact, he's starting to identify himself as OJO in addition to his regular name. He is still fascinated with with fiber and his mother's spinning wheel. If no one is watching, he likes to step on the treadle and make it go himself -- then giggle wildly.

IMG_5597

IMG_5593

IMG_5591

IMG_5590

Thankfully, Edward (my Louet S10) is such a sturdy wheel, that I don't worry about OJO damaging it.

This is what we spun together. This was the single. I ended up with 582 yards of 2-ply at about 36
WPIs.

IMG_5613 

No comments: